Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sick... again.

Been falling to bouts of cold/flu all year this year.

Felt sick after a nap last Saturday.  On Sun at our usual Mt Faber run, feeling weak I skipped the last lap.  But it was too late - slept all afternoon to recover.  I saw the doc on Mon morning, she gave me antibiotics and offered me an MC which I declined since I had work to clear.  Soldiering on, Wed : 8km run followed by our usual bike leg. Thu : struggled out of bed, gasp! No voice!  Fri : Team Fatbird first training run for the Gold Coast marathon.  I croaked to Alex (almost begging), please, let us go slow : I'm sick and you're injured.  The man goes on to run at race speeds and I quit at 13km.  The last straw that broke the camel's back : getting so very drunk at the Sat R&R BBQ.  Hang-overed but thru the grace of God, I made it to mass at St Bern's with the CaFE team, declining the team lunch - please, I croaked, let me go home and die. Crawled back to doc on Mon and got a 2 day MC - but I had prearranged lunch with David Oh who's in town.  Picked him up from HP and drove over to AMK Hub to lunch with Evie.  Hope I didn't spread my germs too much.  Also promised dinner with Michy, I went to dinner wearing a mask to avoid spreading germs.  Despite the mask, Michy is now complaining that Matty is coughing.. Argh...

I pushed Matty down the street on his bright orange tricycle (carrying him will be too close proximity plus he's heavy). I must say, living in Serangoon Gardens is like a Cantonese soap opera (or Taiwanese), a few houses down, there was like a pushing fight amongst his neighbors with lots of Cantonese screaming.  Despite Matty pointing the way forward, I decided to beat a hasty retreat and we u-turned for the safety of home.  Sorry sayang, I can't risk your crazy neighbours.

Having rested all day Tue, I still feel queasy and have super duper stick mucus.  Will try cycling tonight.  Let's see if I survive.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: