Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Frequent traveler's etiquette

Not that I travel very often these days, but in the last 2 weeks I made 2 very different styles of travel.

Flying Singapore Airlines with a Krisflyer Gold member to Brisbane and then just a couple of days ago, budget travel via JetstarAsia.

The contrast is stark.

So when I read today's papers, I almost laughed out loud:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/10/business/etiquette-for-seat-switching-on-the-road.html?ref=global-home

Yes actually, there is an unspoken rule about the whole business of travel.  Nicely put, etiquette.  And yes, those who do not travel often, don't get it and don't practise it which causes great grief to the rest of us.

I concur.  Do NOT,
- ask me to change seats with you (I chose that seat for a reason).  
- wave your arms in front of me.  Or invade my private space for ANY reason.
- attempt to make conversation with me.  What makes you think I want to talk to you?
- fidget in your seat with your elbows sticking out. 
- knock my neck cushion to wake me up because you need to use the bathroom. Can't you catch me when I am awake - which is the majority of the time. 
- occupy the entire armrest with your fat arms so much that you are literally leaning on my ribcage.
- remove your shoes and attempt to kill everyone on board with bio-warfare.

No comments: