Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I am too strong for my shoes?


I got back to the carpark last Wed after the ride/supper and found difficulty clipping out.  Somehow my cycling shoe was stuck - on closer look : gasp - the sole had come undone! 

I literally placed bike on the road and yanked the shoe out with both hands.

Simon/KahHoe came over in dismay when they saw a forlorn Cervelo lying on the road and picked up Speedier for me.  Simon said "Cervelos cannot lie on road!"...

These shoes were a birthday gift from my buddies and I took them out to wear after my tragic accident where my old Shimano shoes were ripped.  So I really love these Bontrager as they are filled with love, plus I really like the feel of these shoes compared to the Shimanos.  Very stiff and the power transfer very smooth.

Brought them to the cobbler at HV and the grizzly experienced cobbler insist it cannot be glued back as it will come undone the minute I try to clip out again.  So I took them back to Treknology.  Trek will get in touch with Bontrager then come back to me - hopefully I get a new pair out of them.

In the meantime, everyone has a suggestion for me.  Coach says Fizik shoes (there's a deal with IR for $300) but I don't really like the color (white) and they don't have my size anyways.  Felix/Jo insist on just 1 brand : SIDI.  In Jo's words, "just pay whatever price for SIDIs - you will not regret it", with Felix surfing to the CRC buy site for SIDIs and passing me the iPAD.  These 2 are a very interesting couple - very fun being around them.

I'm still in shock - am hoping to get a Bontrager replacement pair.  SIDI carbon shoes costs $350 and above!

No comments: