Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Please be working, oven!

I found myself rueing my decision on not getting a  microwave oven over the weekend.  Heating up dinner from the fridge is hard.  Michelle told me to just use my oven that it works the same except perhaps a few more minutes longer.

So I tried.  Put dinner in.  Set oven to 10mins.  Leave for a walk with the 2 dogs.

When I got back, the power had tripped in the house.  Something's wrong with the oven.

Asked around.  Something about our humid conditions, condensation and heating coils - not good for the oven.

Called Electrolux.  They suggested turning it on a couple of times to max heat and see if it will heat off whatever's on the coils.  Ovens need to be used often apparently to keep the coils in working condition.  Which works well for me.  I hope the coils are ok after warming up.  I'll just have to pick up baking now.

No comments: