Friday, December 07, 2012

Reflection

Not Reflections the gorgeous condo where I had the privilege to visit twice in recent weeks - thanks J, your new pad is awesome!

But self-reflection.

Let's start with my thoughts same time last year : http://feldreams.blogspot.sg/2011/12/looking-back-on-2011.html

So I achieved 3 out of 5.  *clap clap* 

What did I not achieve :

  • Job - it's been a little slow going.  My efforts to kickstart anything has not come up to much.  I don't know what else to do but to keep praying and to trust in the Lord.
  • Sports - I overdid it with 15 events in 2012, but in the process I now have a string of personal best records : 4:22 (full mara), 2:04 (half mara), 0:53 (10k), 6:51 (50km).

My goals for 2013

  • Stay prayerful - more Him and less me.  It's a battle I often lose.
  • Be close to family - this one is easier with I/M & Matty than with C, and especially hard with mom.  Needs work.
  • CaFE.  The last quarter of 2012 has seen a flurry of activity and the team is now much more close knit.  It's great.
  • Sports.  I am contemplating : 
    • First half 2013 : North Face City Run in Mar and Borneo marathon in May.  Actually I'm already registered for these 2 races!
    • 2nd half 2013 : Half Moon marathon in Sep while attending Steph's wedding in California, and Taroko Gorge marathon in Nov, Taiwan.
    • Backup plans : Safra AHM (if I don't go to California) and either Stanchart marathon or Taipei Marathon (if I don't do Taroko Gorge, and if I need to babysit Matty while I&M run in their first Stanchart)
    • Break the 2 hour half marathon target that eluded me this  year.

  • Discipline.  This is a common refrain.  Every year end I say this and every year I fail miserably.  I will try harder.
  • Not intending to focus on human relationships.  I feel if I am successful as a christian, then I should accord the same treatment to all people - whether friend or not.  Yeah, in short, I think being a loner has been easier this year.  Zero expectations worked very well.  

No comments: