Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!

Right after the countdown, Ah Guang picked me up to go to Green Island for a dive with the hammerheads. When the waters off Green Island are cold, the hammerheads circle. Alas there were no hammerheads, there were plenty of cold and puking - the winds were like typhoon levels, the temperature was 17degrees, the waves were rolling in so hard it was all frothy white.

I had a lot of time to lie in bed in between diving/freezing - mostly I slept, but half the time I lay there thinking of new year hopes, dreams and of God. My biggest hope & dream for 2008 was obviously marriage - and my internal struggle in coming to terms with the idea of possibly being alone rest of my life. This slowly led to doubt, whether God really loves me. I know I know, He loved me to death and all, I know that all.. but still...

And early this morning, 1st day at work in 2009, I read my usual blog updates including Father Aloysious' http://www.alongcorner.blogspot.com/ and his new year entry had this bible passage,
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8: 38 - 39)

To the depressed/melancholy/unhappy in the new year, chin up, our Lord loves us.

No comments: