Thursday, April 02, 2009

too much holidaying... my head hurts

Normally I'm sluggish while in Taiwan. I make unambitious plans for holiday - I hit 1 city 1 day.

In the last couple of days, I've dragged Francis along to Hualien/Taroko Gorge for the weekend, taken him to various night markets, eaten various taiwanese fare. Yesterday it was Tainan for the day. Tomorrow it'll be outdoor climbing at Longdong, off Keelung and the northern coast.

I'm kinda tired right now. My throat is not feeling too good and my head feels heavy. I had 150 emails today and I'm down to 50 and I need to get my weekly report out as well. It's 7.30pm and I'm a bad host - asked Francis to go explore Shilin night market on his own.

Sigh!

While I love exploring Taiwan and I'm glad Francis is here to do it with me, I think it's too much of a good thing. My mind's exploding with glee, my body's too old to cope!

Wish me luck climbing tomorrow - will need to double down on the anti-inflammatory drugs tonight.

No comments: