Monday, October 05, 2009

Faux pas

I like to believe that I've been in Taiwan long enough (2 years and 2 months) and that my language skills have come a long way since...

Then I discovered my reading skills are er.. not quite there as well. Sigh.

Honda had asked me via MSN to look out for a "拉鍊的粉袋"
while in Singapore and to buy it for another person at the rock gym. He mentioned that I have one of those... I somehow read it as a chalk bag with chilli design (Red Chilli has one just like that), but it's er.. actually, a chalk bag with a zipper mouth.

Sigh... So chilli and zipper looks alike to me. I think I just can't read the traditional chinese character too well. In anycase, fortunately for me, I didn't find the chilli design chalk bag.

I found out after I came back and was explaining that the chilli design is past fashion, what's fashionable in Singapore are the Prana branded chalkbags.. blah blah.. but they kept asking about zipper. I'm like, what's with the zipper questions.. and then it dawned on me.

2 comments:

francis said...

hilarious !! chili & zipper, their chinese characters are world apart! Still, don't give up Fel, can see that you are getting better.

Zi said...

HAHAHA.. glorious.