Friday, October 02, 2009

living by the river

Decided in Jun that I wanted to move, to stay by the riverside.

With Taipei being such an urban city - read cities, scooters, cars, buses... too much pollution and noise. I wanted to live close by and yet be by a riverside.

It's actually quite possible considering that the rivers crisscross much of Taipei and that there are a lot of vacant apartments. Just a matter of sieving out what you like and how much you can afford to pay in rent.

I think I started viewing apartments in July and yesterday, Oct 1, I finally saw something I liked. (alright, so I was in Singapore most of Sep), but still, it's been a lot of apartment viewing.

This one I like not because of the apartment, but because of location. It's right by the riverside (I mean beside!) and it's just a 10min taxi ride into office which means it is not in the boondogs. http://rent.591.com.tw/rent-detail-333447.html

Alas, the lady wanted too much in rent and refused to budge.

2 comments:

francis said...

This one berry nice !!! it is about 25% up from your current. try bargain abit la.... btw can swim in that river? how about moonlite skinny dipping?

Felicia said...

yeah sure.. no problem! River access via backdoor, you do whatever and be back in the apartment before the cops arrive :)

you pray for me la.. lady won't budge.