Monday, November 09, 2009

Fireworks!

Emily bought a place and she was supposed to collect her keys on Saturday. I went with her and we conducted an OOBE (out of box experience) on the apartment. I know, that's normally what we do, a marketing audit on our notebook PCs at the factory. Ditto apartment, we had a list and went down the list, e.g. check floors, check no scratches and panels are aligned.. yeah, it was really detailed. We were super anal and proudly so.

As you can tell, product managers are very detailed people :)

The whole affair took 2 hours and a cracked floor tile meant that they had to replace it another time, so the apartment is still with the developers.

After that I went to Wanghua gym to climb. I thought I'll be tired after the OOBE, but actually I climbed pretty well. By the time I was done, it was 8pm, time to grab a bite and home right? I offered to watch the gym for a bit while the gym owner (who is a very nice guy and belays me patiently when he really doesn't have to, since everyone comes in pairs but for lonely felicia), so that Ah Jing can go grab dinner. He felt bad and so just packed dinner back, and was back so quick. He told me that the fireworks were about to start, if I wanted to watch it. I was like, eh? Seems like Saturday was Taipei Fireworks Festival Day. Well.. and the display was going to be over the Danshui river, which was, yeah, right by the gym!

Sure, I grabbed my camera (for doing OOBE earlier, how convenient) and we climbed to the roof, climbed up the water tower and lying there on it, I got to video most of the display. It was simply magical. Now if only I weren't lonely Felicia, and if only I got to watch it with someone I loved. Sigh...


No comments: