Thursday, November 19, 2009

Switchable voltage on a hairdryer

Many years go, I exchange my Esso points for a travel hair-dryer thinking it would please my mom. It didn't. She thought it too small.

So when I moved to Taipei some 2 years ago, I took it along (it was in cold storage anyways). First time I used it here, it was on such low power it was barely spitting out any air. I concluded then, that for a travel model, it doesn't switch voltages and that Philips (the maker of it) sux. Woe to the poor friends who visited and stayed with me and tried to coax it to work...

Now fast forward to last week, I had taken a shower at the rock gym at Wanghua. And the folks there are so nice, they passed me a hair-dryer - similar to what I had but old model. As I was using it, I noticed this knob that says "voltage - 110 / 220" and you can switch between the 2.

A lightbulb went off in my head.

I went home and true enough, I had the same knob but in dark plastic so that it totally obscured itself within the handle *slap forehead*

I pronounce myself : woman with working hair-dryer.

3 comments:

Zi said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE U PUT US ALL THROUGH THAT!!!!!! I CURSE UUUUUUUUUU.. >;(

Felicia said...

You are so missing the point, Zi. Point is, I fixed it! Come visit again!

Zi said...

if not for my lasik, i would be slapping my forehead repeatedly.