Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Palm Sunday

Happy Palm Sunday everyone! Now we're into the last lap of Lent - Holy Week.

At St Bosco, we start Palm Sunday by assembling outside the church, or so I guess : because I was 10mins late and made it just as everyone was walking into chuch. As I entered church, someone handed me a palm. Perfect timing.

After mass, we had a short briefing by Father Cary, while waiting for him, I casually waved my palm in the air, turned to my fellow-lectors and asked - so what are we supposed to do with our palms? All these cradle catholics start to mutter : my mom puts it over a window/door, stick it on the wall...

I know it's significance, in fact, I explained it to the guys in the climbing gym when I went over, still holding my palm. But really, I still don't know what to do with it! So I left it in the vase of pussy-willows. At least it's blessed - it'll do its thing there.

The gym was empty - as it usually is on Sundays... see all the ropes hanging there forlorn.

So I got busy climbing and earned my first flapper in a realllly long time! I can't believe my eyes when I felt pain washing my hands after. Ow ow... Note the almost blister on the next finger as well. Clearly the weeks after leaving my hardcore friends behind in Singapore has taken its toil - got nice soft tender skin now :)
Almost the end of the weekend, I had dinner with Vincent at Justin Quek's bistro - Just In Bistro. You know, the Justin Quek of Les Amis. He moved to Taipei and has 3 restaurants now - the bistro is newly opened and the most affordable. The food, to my surprise, was not great. It was good, but nothing extraordinary. Not sure I'll return.

No comments: