Saturday, August 21, 2010

And the house is now wireless...

Got the last piece, wireless router in the home. I brought my Belkin wireless router back from Taiwan but it had a 110v power adapter. Finally went down to Sim Lim Square today over my lunch hour (alright, extended lunch hour since my boss is in HK) and had to purchase a new wireless router cos they don't do power adapter. Bleeh...

Linksys lives up to its name - setting it up was a breeze! Now I can conference call in my room instead of squatting on the floor using the sofa as my work desk while mom tip-toes around me and my cables.

While at Sim Lim Square, I also bought a car charger for my iPhone and it came with a little stand + wireless transmitter. So while it's charging, it's neatly propped up so the GPS navigator app is visible and it talks to me via the radio. Costs but $30! I was tempted to get the same but Belkin branded (looks way prettier, but costs $89)... Thankfully I was in a bit of a rush - extended lunch hour but cannot push my luck surely ;) Too rushed for temptations. Got the cheap one, but I am impressed! It's cool!

No comments: