Thursday, February 03, 2011

Into the Year of the Rabbit with a bang (literally)

First day of the lunar new year, I was driving mom, Bo Dae (4th aunty's husband) & aunty Florence over to Ah Neo's (eldest aunty) house.

I was planning to drop them off so they can start their annual mahjong session while I sneak home for a quick nap then return at dinner time.

As I approached & prepared to turn towards the lift lobby, mom suddenly yelled, I slammed on brakes but too late, collided with a motorcycle.

The Malaysian motorcycle didn't topple over : impact wasn't that bad. But their legs hit the car, so both of them rubbed their shins for a long while. I was shocked, offered to call an ambulance but the 2 Malaysians declined it, he kept repeating "my bike is very expensive". That plus it's a Malaysian plate, really worried us. Luckily I had Bo Dae & cousin Ah Yin's help. Bo Dae negotiated with them for a long time but finally they decided to report the accident.

Ah Yin accompanied me to the police station where we lodged a report. On Monday after the holidays, I'll fill in paperwork with the car insurers.

Then later, I received a call from the Malaysian, he wanted to know who'll pay his medical bill & when I told him that since we agreed to report it, he should claim insurance. He then stumped me with "my insurance got no $".

Sigh.

No point crying over spilt milk & will resist implications to the new year.  Get Roar fixed up & then move on.

No comments: