Friday, February 04, 2011

2 days into the year of the Rabbit & it's been bang no. 2

Derek arranged a dawn cycle on day 2 of the lunar new year.  When I got there to the carpark 10mins after 7, everyone was already there, save Jispal who was still cycling to East Coast...  Early bird catches the worm!

I didn't get any worms, I got more bad luck.

My back tyre was totally flat - must've picked up something at the Singapore Duathlon 2 weeks ago (thankfully didn't explode on me during the race). 

Corinna (so sweet) handpumped up my tyre - in the process, because her bike was unattended, some angmo woman carelessly knocked Corinna's bicycle to the ground.  Stupid angmo!  And when I started to ride, the back tyre deflated totally again.  This time, Derek, Melvyn & Robert changed the tube and pumped it up using Robert's gas canister (instant pumped up tyre).  Thankfully it lasted the ride, but the super pumped up tyre deflated itself after the ride, while I was driving home (3rd time deflating itself today).  Something is seriously wrong with the back tyre - possible a spoke is out of alignment or something.  GAH!  I need to take care of both my wheels : car and bicycle.

All of us outside the public toilets by the beach.  Incidentally, the guys carried their babies (read expensive bicycles) into the toilet with them.  Don't ask me which they were holding & how....


So in these eventful few days, I also count Michy's dad reversing his Mercedes and running down his home gate accident, Corinna's near death at the hands of an awful angmo driver as blessings.  Because collateral damage is nothing as long as nobody's hurt. 

I wish everyone a happy year of the rabbit and God's divine protective blood over every square inch of our bodies.  Be safe, be in Jesus' shadow!

2 comments:

Zi said...

u're so gross fel. maybe dunit to hold??

Felicia said...

Er... i think men have to hold their little firemen