Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home trips

Alas I will still be on Taiwan soil to sing the majulah Singapura! There's a party held at the Howard Hotel by the Singapore Trade Commission - they're called that cos technically no country other than a handful of countries maintain an embassy or consultate here. Recognizing communistic PRC instead - bah! Money talks, and the world's too pragmatic.

I digress. I will get to sing majulah Singapura with fellow Singaporeans since Aug 9 falls conveniently on a Sunday this year.

And then, I get to go home to truly be amidst my fellow countrymen (minus the extra 2 million real China PRC types, that I do not personally like so much). The last of my SQ miles used for this purpose - Aug 28 to Sep 22. Yep, almost 3 weeks, well, technically 2 weeks. First week Sep will see my leading every single (well, I aim high) 6a, 6b and 6b+ climb in Krabi. Ok, ok, throw in a few 6cs for the added challenge.

I fear I am growing zenophobic in my old age.

So prepare the lion dance and the orchid garlands - I land Aug 28 10pm into Terminal 3. And don't forget to tell the New Paper (they're about as gossipy as the media here in Taiwan).

Just in case the cost cutting measures get to you as well and the lion dance troupe is too extravagant, I will be back in Singapore again not long after.

I booked my first Jetstarasia trip home for Dec 18 to Jan 3. Not flying home via SQ is a big step down. Boo hoo.. I'll survive I hope - stuff myself silly before boarding the 4 hour flight of fasting.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Awesome! I'll be back from 13 Dec - 1 Jan!