Thursday, September 10, 2009

does God hear you?

It all started because Francis mentioned he needs a test-subject for his psychology course. Zi agreed to be it and she was going to talk about bad friends. I have had more than my fair share of bad friends and it all came back to me last night - about Moo, maybe cos I saw her at the climbing wall Tuesday night.

Last night, I was bothered enough to pull this book from my bookshelf titled - When Friendship Hurts. I flipped through it again and started to feel all indignant & huffy again.

Came into office this morning, and was reading this morning's readings. Guess what...

Col 3:12-17
Brothers and sisters:Put on, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved,heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,bearing with one another and forgiving one another,if one has a grievance against another;as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do.And over all these put on love,that is, the bond of perfection.And let the peace of Christ control your hearts,the peace into which you were also called in one Body.And be thankful.Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly,as in all wisdom you teach and admonish one another,singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songswith gratitude in your hearts to God.And whatever you do, in word or in deed,do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus,giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Sigh...

And the psalm of the day was the same song ringing in my head as it was the last song on my MP3 player riding the bus into office. 'Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord!'.

So yeah, I guess the good Lord hears everything... and Amen for that.

2 comments:

Zi said...

so.. can u let go?

francis said...

It is about time, Fel...It is actually long overdue.