Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Counting one's blessings

Perhaps the mid week blues got to me.  But I was tired, grouchy.  At 1pm, I decided to work the remainder of the day from home, even though I was already in the office.  I took at nap at 5pm, woke up feeling so much better at 7pm.  Quick dinner, shower, just in time for conference call at 9pm *bleh*

To counter mid week blues, good to remind oneself of your blessings:
- Taiwan telecasts live ALL the World Cup matches on TV.  No extra charge.  Unlike money sucking Singapore.
- Had a good 1:1 with my director.  He offered to put in good words in my exit interview record.  In the event I need to return to HP in the future, it will help.  It's a kind gesture.
- Being able to work from home which helps with afternoon naps.  Ok, so I guess I only dare pull this stunt off because I am on notice to leave.  But still...
- Mom wanted to come visit but I managed to convince her to wait til next year May.  We'll both come back for a visit then.
- Michy my sister in law.  Who has beaten me 3 checkers game (online via MSN) in a row and was offering another game in the afternoon when I elected the nap over being defeated by her again.

No comments: