Monday, June 07, 2010

A sad weekend

I just found out that Pinfan's IBM colleague died in a mountain climbing accident.  He had fallen 5m (it has been raining non stop in the last weeks, perhaps trails were more muddied, slippery).  Somehow they got him helicoptered out to safety on Friday and all was good.  Then he died suddenly on Saturday.  Pinfan skipped the Action Asia trail run so that she can catch the high speed rail and see him Saturday afternoon.  She never made it to see him before he passed suddenly.  May God receive his soul into heaven.

Then on Sunday afternoon after morning mass, as is my usual habit, I went rockclimbing.  I was aching after the race on Saturday but yet it doesn't ache to climb.  But I was tired and couldn't sustain too many laps.  I decided I'll stick around the gym to watch their downloaded movies - especially since 阿進 the gym manager was taking the afternoon off to go hang out in 淡水.  He actually invited me to go along but I was tired.  阿進and the gang re-appeared after an hour.  There was an accident at Ximen MRT station and it was closed.  Something about someone falling onto the tracks.  We goggled it and a young lady had committed suicide by jumping just as the MRT pulled into the station.  Sigh...  May God receive her soul into heaven.  It's really sad when it's suicide - that someone would feel that the uncertainty of the next world can only be better than this.

A special prayer to all souls in purgatory as well.

And to those of us living people, today's Psalm reading :
Psalm 121 v7 - The LORD will guard you from all evil, will always guard your life. The LORD will guard your coming and going both now and forever.

No comments: