Monday, June 28, 2010

Testimony to the God who does hear our prayers

On God and jobs.

In December last year, I was furiously interviewing, I had 2 pretty serious jobs, and was doing like 3rd/4th interviews.  When I went back to Singapore over Christmas/Chinese new year holidays, I was so sure I'd land one of the 2 jobs, if not both and then get to pick one.  Guess what, I got neither. 

From end Feb until June, it was an absolutely dry spell.  I was still sending out job applications everywhere : Monster.com, internal HP job searcher, various headhunters that kind friends sent my way, LinkedIn, direct website applications to several big companies... But, all I got was rejection after rejection, not even an interview came my way.

Sometime end May, I remember being depressed and telling Garin that my dream is to find a new job and move out of Taipei by end June.  Garin laughed at me, saying something like job proces doesn't move so fast etc...

Guess what - when God's in charge, nothing's impossible.

First phone interview early June.  Then a face to face interview, before I could even say He is Almighty, I had the job offer.

Truly, He IS Almighty!

1 comment:

francis said...

And it is Motorola... BIG MNC! Praise the Lord. And you have Apple as your neighbour... another BIG MNC! The Lord is really good to you!