Monday, June 21, 2010

Exhausting weekend

Against the grain of Saturdays, I woke up at 5am, hopped in Sean's car at 5.40am, drove 2 hours into the mountains for another go at river tracing.  I must say, I am getting good at being a penguin now.  Hopping onto rocks, swimming up the rapids... Ah...

Except for 1 careless moment.  The last rapid was a like a water slide.  Apple chose to go down head first, and I figured, last rapid, I'll do the same.  The instructor asked, are you sure... I yelled, hell yeah!  Infamous last words.  In the process of flying down the stream a la superman style, I somehow slapped my right hand against a rock and then entered the water face first.  For a while there, the pain was so intense, my face and what felt like a broken right hand.  Ouch, ouch!  After like 10 minutes, when the pain waves receded, I found I could move my hand, ah, so nothing's broken.

More pix here.

Sunday morning, I woke up early.  I was 2nd reader at mass, so I needed to be early at church.  I thought I was early, I wasn't.  Strolled into church, then discovered mass was already starting, had to dash in! 

Chose to still go climb Sunday since I wasn't sure if I could climb Wed (video conf again, dang).  It was especially awesome - the part when Ah Jing (my good ole buddy, the gym owner) who helped me rub my aching right hand.

Monday morning, I wake up feeling all battered.  My 40 year old body can't deal with this.  Oh and typing hurts my right hand... *whine*

1 comment:

Zi said...

wat? no blood? ;p

this is amazing! pics look super cool.

pls will u be abit more ks?? we need ur hands in yishun!