Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Macritchie trail running

I've been running at Macritchie for a long time now.  I've ran there through good times and bad.  With my ex-bf, with friends...  It's just that in the last 4 years or so, I've grown accustomed to running alone (and my IPod). 

My point is :
- I'm familiar with Macritchie - even with the newly spruced up carpark and the no longer free parking :(
- Running alone, you listen to your body better.

Yesterday I ran with Ms Hardcore at Macritchie.  She doesn't slow down at the downhills, she just tears down.  It took quite a lot of effort (run harder at the uphills) in order to catch her.  Then we ran the last bit together, and out of trail onto road. 

At the last slope before the carpark, I attacked her (figuring that 1, she's tired from the sound of her heavy footsteps and 2, she probably wasn't aware of that last slope, surely feel demotivated on seeing it).  But to my surprise, she had more in her, she ran faster! 

In short, it was a sprint to the car.  And I won.  And yes, it hurt doing so, bringing back memories of our hardcore past.  Nice...

No comments: