Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can't take pressure no more?

With Mattie's arrival, suddenly life is no longer as my earlier lazy unemployed lifestyle.

There are errands to help out with, stuff to buy like nappies, fetch the confinement lady, drive mom over after she has gone to the wet market to buy fresh food...

Even my usual wake up and drive to midday mass has been difficult to make.  Cos I usually need to drive mom over to the house and she simply has no patience to wait - plus raw meats needs refrigeration.

The consolation is that Mattie has been worth the stress.  He's just perfect.  Except he is such a hungry kid he is wearing his poor mom down.  Had an intimate moment with Mattie just now so his mom can sleep for half an hour - we took a tour of Godma's car, said 1 Hail Mary together and prayed for Mattie to grow big and strong without much fuss. 

All the things that are not going well in life (and there is a lot!), somehow feels smaller.  Sister Lily told me to focus on gratitude.  Ok here goes, my list of what I should be thankful for :
- family.  I can't imagine living without my family.
- friends.  Zi, Jo and Francis (in no particular order).  You guys rock.
- sporting opportunities.  The run, climb, jog & sporting weekends - fantastic!
- knowing that Jesus still loves and cares.  I just don't get His plan now, it does not diminish His love for me.
- my car.  Ok, a little materialistic here.  But I am genuinely grateful for Roar.  I'm sorry Roar that I drained your battery in a dumb blond moment, hope the jumpstart didn't shock you too much.
- Internet & my iPhone.  Keeps me sane providing distraction.

Ok, I give up.  There's more, but I can't think.  Tomorrow Mattie's grand-aunts (my ah-bohs) are going to visit him.  Let's pray he's on best behaviour to 见客.

No comments: