Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Holy Week

Last week of Lent before Easter!  I'm eagerly awaiting Sunday! 

Last Saturday was Jo's hens night and it was a good break to hang out, sleep together in a hotel room just like old times again, except this time in a drunken stupor, so it was not anything memorable.  A pity.

The next morning I went to a New Creation church service with the gals, forgetting that it's Palm Sunday!  Gasp!  But I was glad I went.  Zi always commenting that she does not live "under law, but by grace", which to my very Catholic upbringing, doesn't sound right theologically.  The sermon by Paster Prince himself was ironically on that topic. 

Jesus himself said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill." Matthew 5:17. 

Paster Prince's teaching was not to focus solely on the law like the Pharisees and miss the forest for the trees, nor to attempt to follow the law using your own effort, you're doomed to fail.  His point was, use God's grace because with God's grace, you will end up being a good follower anyways (which I presume will also result in obedience to law).  Now I understand.

Into the last stretch, I will endeavor to attend mass every day this week, especially the Triduum, with His grace (see, I learn fast, not on my own effort, but His).

No comments: