Friday, April 29, 2011

The run AFTER the bad-tempered run

Too lazy to drive to East Coast to do the long distance run.  I thought I'll just lap along the Ghim Moh canal, gives me more sleep :)

Training plan calls for a 32km, but I have been feeling lousy, tired and 'heaty'.  I tried to rest Wednesday, but got tempted to go Climbers Lab... Then I persuaded an already closed medical hall to open to sell me 3 bottles of 凉茶, but the same temptress gave it all away!

This must be the hardest run I've done.  It was all mental all the way.  I called it quits when the scorching heat got to me and my knees started to hurt bad.  The good thing is that toes, ankles, lungs, rest of me feels ok.  Just the knees.

Best recovery is active recovery, I'll cycle off the lactic acid tomorrow.  Gonna go slow with Lemna and then u-turn when I see my buddies return.

No comments: