Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Foldable bikes

L - my former coworker wanted to pick up cycling, to destress from the politic-ing at work.  She keeps hearing these crazy cycling stories from me (before my accident in Bintan). 

She wanted a foldie.  We went in search of a Dahon D7 just like the one I had.  But the offerings are paltry.  There is the $2k-ish Bromptons, Dahons are sold out until March, leaving us with Tern (never heard of this brand, but supposedly a new brand related to Dahon).  Terns were going at $599, not cheap too and I hated the unfolding - it was pretty hard for a woman to manage.

I was in Rodalink & noticed they had foldies too, sent L to take a look.  Highest end foldie - Polygon Urbano 5.0 was going for $479 - comes with rain covers, a carrying case & suspension.  Ok, it's a little heavy at 14kg but it rode very smooth with the suspension.  I believe can hit top speeds in the high 20km/h.  Plus I like the service & staff at Rodalink Commonwealth - I knew L will be in good hands there.

Will go on an easy ride with L one day... now especially since I am a damaged (me and Speedier - both a little beat up but still game spiritually).

No comments: