Monday, January 16, 2012

What an exhausting weekend

Lay in bed this morning, rubbing my jawbone - yeah, it's been throbbing painfully ever since I tried bakkwa... And just thinking : how tired I am! *whine*

Sat : I slept 4hrs and then woke up for a very plesant leisure ride with SJ and some friends.  We laughed, joked and climbed many hills - all very fun (60km took over almost 7 hours with lots of long breaks).  Tried to nap when I got back but interrupted pleasantly by Matty who crawled into bed with me (courtesy of his mom).

Sun : Slept but 4hrs, and it rained at 2am, wanted to text Alex/Peter to skip the Terry Fox run.  But I endured.  Peter was early to pick me up (grateful I didn't need to drive), and we got there quite effortlessly, parked right out from the starting point too!  Alex was uncontactable, so Peter and I ran the 10km slow and relaxed.  My watch recorded a 1:05, I was pleased considering we restrained ourselves.  The event was just fantastic.  Bottles of water every so often, lots of cheerleaders (made it hard for 2 restrained runners) and they handed out cookies at the end!  Love it!  Gnawing on a cookie, found a really sore Alex walking stiffly towards us.  Considering he almost flew into a drain with his bike flying down hill, that he is alive is really God's blessings.  Peter offered to drive to yummy prawn mee breakfast.  Took Alex 10mins to get into car.  Took Alex another 10mins to get out of car.  Took me an hour to eat and break the prawn & pork to bite size.  Took Alex another 10mins to get back into car.  Took Alex 10mins to get out of Peter's car.  Finally, we were on the way home.  I managed a 2hour nap that afternoon.

Getting out of bed to get to evening mass was a colossal effort.  But I endured. Ta-baoed dinner but even as I ate, I started to feel sleepy again.  As I set my alarm clock for Monday morning, it struck me the irony.  Weekends, I wake up 5am.  Work days, I set alarm for 7 or 8.  My priorities are very telling.

No comments: