Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Almost there

The home is almost fully furnished.  It's still a little bare but main necessities are almost all in... I can slowly furnish the lesser important items with less pressure.

I've also started to tabulate the costs and thankfully it's been lower than earlier forecasted.  The largest chunk was renovation and I spent way less than forecasted since I chose a main contractor instead of an interior design (ID) firm.  My largest pain has been the awful carpenter, but then again, there's no guarantees you pay more with an ID firm, you'll get good carpentry.

I do have a small mountain of laundry to do.  Mostly new sheets that needs to be washed before I can put them away.  Couldn't do any laundry earlier cos the house was too dusty to hang out clean laundry.  And so it accumulates.  I could wear less to save on laundry, but without room curtains (that should be ready tomorrow or the day after), it's a little awkward.  I set the washing machine on delayed-start this morning as I left the house. Looks like I reduced the laundry mountain down to 2 more loads -  probably have the backlog of laundry cleared by the weekend.  I need sunny skies!

Need to return to Holland V tonight to get the last load - my old textbooks and such unimportant stuff.  On my list of to-dos, there is only 1 or 2 more high priority items after tonight's move/unpack.  Can take a short breather before slowly shopping for the lower priority items like throw cushions for the sofa.  I like this floral pattern ones from Ikea, but they are $40 each.  Cushions!  And Ikea ones are the cheapest around.  Ouch.  I'll keep looking...

No comments: