Friday, August 17, 2012

I am so blessed!

I officially moved in last night - slept my first night on new sheets, new mattress, new bed, new apartment.  You get the drift.  It is a watershed moment for me.

Moved in early, heeding advice from concerned family/friends who insist I do so officially before the Chinese lunar seventh month.

So, the same evening Ah Chuan the lousy carpenter finally finished his remedial work, I moved in.  He had taken 4 weeks, 2 weeks longer than he committed to, yet with poor quality finish and careless work.  Employed IMM to nego for a price taking into account my unhappiness.  Considering I started out wanting to pay him his quoted price - my only ask was he do a good job, I feel sad that it came down to this.  Plus the many holes in my walls/furniture.  Sigh.

After the protracted negotiation with Ah Chuan, we all went to dinner late.  So Matty ate 2 meals back-to-back.  First his porridge, then his pre-bed time milk.  Back in the apartment later, I tried to clean the room a little (sawdust from Ah Chuan's efforts) but I was so sleepy.  I couldn't arrange curtains earlier while the dirty/messy work was ongoing (didn't help with Ah Chuan's delays).  So I spent last night without curtains - might be a week more of this!  Woke up at 7am to dogs barking and bright skies.  I love this room!

No comments: