Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Bike is serviced and good to go!

My tubular tyres and rims were coming undone at the last ride.  How dangerous!  Thankfully I rode all the way back at our usual 35kph uneventfully.  Last Thu I took Speedier into Integrated Riding to fix the wheels and for his first ever servicing.  They found a leak in the valve of the rear tyre, so had to purchase a new tyre.  Picked up Speedier just before the ride, didn't have time to inspect him, went to the usual Wed ride.

So after the ride/run/supper last night, I did my usual wipe down of the bike and discovered a thick layer of muck on the chain - arghh... Integrated Riding must have put grease on the bike chain.  Took bike downstairs, degreased and hosed.  Had to repeat the process 3 times!  Should have just taken my dishwashing liquid to the chain.  Could have saved me time!

Mental note to self - tell bike shops never to help me grease bike.  Wax lube which I purchased as part of a mass order is simply awesome.  It's so clean!

While scrubbing the muck off, all I can think of is : I sure love living here.  Integrated riding is a 2min walk away.  I can hose my bike down even in the middle of the night without worrying about waking up the neighbours or making a mess.

And, one more : when I ask to borrow a bike, kind-hearted folks just drop it off since I'm so close to our meeting point at East Coast.   Thanks to K, my uncle has a foldie to explore the area when he arrives next week.  Work off some of his excess energy so he won't be preaching aliens/conspiracy theory to unassuming Singaporeans.

No comments: