Monday, October 15, 2012

I.am.an.ultra.marathoner

The results from the North Face run is out so early - 27 out of 76.  Yes, only 76 women in Singapore were mad enough.

It was a great race actually.  I was immensely blessed.  God gave me windy (pre-storm conditions) and yet held the rain til way after I left Macritchie.  I had the coach run beside me, and he even carried my water bottles for me so I ran unburdened - of cos I had to fall into a pool of mud to elicit any sympathy from him.  He kept me going...  not in the positive way, he'd barked, "comeon, run".  When I whinged about the blood, he only said "comeon run to the next checkpoint".   The pain was quite tolerable despite the fall, stomach bug, lack of training due to my laziness the last month...  I am indeed blessed.

And I could not have been able to finish so easily without Alex.  Having a pacer in him - I am very blessed.

Walked a great deal - most of the uphills I walked.  The camaraderie among the racers is just fantastic.  Everyone cheers each other on.   At the 38km mark, I looked at my watch and realise a sub-7hr timing was possible.  Together with 2 angmo ladies (one of whom is Angela Flynn who also rides with R&R - amazing coincidence), we hang together to the finish.  She finished right behind me.



1 comment:

Zi said...

good job u!!! 10/10!! WELL DONE. BIG PAT!!!