Friday, January 18, 2013

Catholic Liturgical Calendar

With advent (the month before Christmas), we began a new year, Year C of the catholic liturgical calendar.

Since I use the weekday missal for my quiet time, for the daily readings, I thought I would need a new missal just as the Sunday missals are new (with year C).

After a few weeks of procrastination, I emailed Peter of Wellsprings and asked for the price of a new weekday missal.  He quoted $45.  Sounds reasonable.  After I ordered it online, I decided I should be prudent and double check that it was the weekday (not Sunday) missal that Peter was going to send.

And so began my epiphany.

1. This year 2013 is Year C for the Sunday cycle ; Cycle I of the weekday cycle.  
2. There is no cycle III nor a cycle C for the weekday cycle - OH!   
3. I don't need a new missal - just switch back to cycle I.  The missal has both cycle I and cycle II.  

Thankfully Peter canceled the order, reversed the charges and I learned something new.  Sorry Peter for the trouble!

No comments: