Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Biking is expensive...

Back tyre deflated again when I went to check on it today.

On closer inspection, Speedy had picked up a bit of glass embedded in the back tyre.  I needed a new back tyre, yet another inner tube and since I was at it, threw in cleats & shoes.  Total damage, $220.  Yep, I went the whole hog.  Oh & no more Bukit Timah road cycling - just way too much debris on that road!

Now sport a grazed left knee (it's been bleeding all evening, ow, ow!) and a bruised right palm.  Yes, I fell 3 times in the parking lot of Rodalink learning to cycle with cleats.  First fall, I was heading for curbside and then fell over.  Second & third fall, I was learning to stop.  It seems logical you'd unclip feet, plant feet on floor then brake right?  Apparently, Hussein had to explain that sequence to me.  Duh!

While I was in Rodalink, this guy with his family in tow was also buying stuff.  He's Filipino, was in town competing at last weekend's Aviva Ironman.  I helped him google Treknology's address and we struck up a little conversation.  He asked if I too took part in the Ironman.  While my head swelled to the size of Michelle's bloated stomach, I humbled replied no, I'm just a beginning trying not to fall to her death with her new cleats.

Methinks I look the part of an athlete!  :)

No comments: