Wednesday, June 01, 2011

New focus : work & God

Maggie from Taiwan is here on a visit and we decided to head up to climb the natural crags of KL.

My initial plan was simple, jump on a bus to KL, then public transport around KL.

I asked around and Derek said he wants to come - if I will drive.  So fine - drive.  Thankfully for me, Zi & Peter (my best friends of late) are also able to join, making it a 5-some.

Last night Zi mentioned that in asking Derek to come along, I might have pressured him into sacrificing 1 cycle (Sunday night).  I was really dismayed to hear that.  I thought I was being nice by inviting Derek and ironically, he might be also "trying to do me a favour in coming along to climb with me?!".  That's the last thing I want! Already he has been so prima donna of late... Zi said she'll speak to him to clarify.

My new mantra is not to be complicated.  I will not let this bother me.  Derek & I are still friends - I will not let this get to me.

My new focus is now less on sports (now that the marathon is over), and more on work & God.  I might need to un-clutter my work week, perhaps skip all Wednesday cycles,  for more evening masses after work.

1 comment:

Zi said...

don't look at it as doing favours, see it as derek is willing to sacrifice for u (skip cycle) just as u're willing to sacrifice for him (drive).

it's a good thing! rejoice in e Lord aaaaalways!