Thursday, June 30, 2011

To zhng or not to zhng

It all started 1 month back in a conversation with Isaac over a cycling evening.  Isaac used to ride a Rodalink 200 as well (like me) but back then he was in the midst of building a new bike and we were talking about wheelsets.  He believes wheelsets are the first serious upgrade in order of priority.  He rides on Shimano Ultegra and loves them.  The other night over a west side 65km ride, JC was also talking about that to someone else and I overheard the conversation.  Hmm... CRC has the Shimano Ultegras for ~$500.

Sounded that off Isaac last night and he thinks they are a good deal since he bought his second hand for the same price but with tyres included (perhaps another $100 he estimates).


Last night's ride started out nice.  We rode in a big pack all the way to Shell, en-route I was chatting with Isaac about wheelsets, cycling at 32km/h.  If you are thinking, wow, Fel, you are a strong cyclist, well, that I had the same sentiments only to have them crushed during the return ride when I struggled to maintain 30km/h.

Question 1 - if it's raining, would you be able to ride faster or slowly?
Question 2 - should I change my wheelset?
Question 3 - who is the target segment for a hybrid SSD drive?  Opps, been so preoccupied with this question these days...

No comments: