Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Diving in Pulau Redang

Took 2 days off for an extended dive weekend in Pulau Redang.  My last trip there was in 2006 - before I left for Taiwan.  I must say, the diving scene in Malaysia is so different now.  Redang I recall was fantastic diving.  We have changed the environment, for the worse for sure.

Philip, Jasmine & I had a great weekend.  Everyone was caring, considerate, amiable and quick to laugh.  Water visibility unfortunately was not good due to thermoclines, and we lost Jasmine one dive when she was slow to descend.  Everyone else had descended to 2 huge Jenkins rays on the seabed, got distracted and didn't look out for her.  Dive-master went back for her, couldn't find her and the entire group had to ascend.  After that, we took care to descend at the same rate as her to not risk poor visibility.

My sinuses held up with antibiotics and lots of cold tablets.  All is good, except Philip now has the flu - they blame me. -_-

Jasmine celebrates her 100th dive, we tried unsuccessfully to dunk her into the water, but she's too heavy!  Opps!

I have but 1 big grouse, at the risk of sounding xenophobic - on the return bus trip, save for the 3 of us, it was all China people, all of us returning to Singapore.   Is Singapore populated by people of China?  They were inconsiderate, always late back to the bus perhaps cos they don't understand/speak English. 




More pix on my Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/8062670@N07/sets/72157629726014590/

No comments: