Wednesday, September 05, 2012

And I got internet again!

Replaced my wireless router so I can finally have consistent coverage.  Signal strength for the whole house is good despite my placement of it - tucked away inobtrusively on a lower shelf near the floor in the study.

My 1.5yr old Cisco (Linksys) router which I bought for a lot of $ is so crappy.  The intermittent service it offers is not enough to hold a connection, it is so bad I hardly ever use it, resorting instead to the WWAN dongle Starhub gave for free. Aesthetically great due to the lack of an ugly antenna, but the compromised functionality affects the usability of the product.  The new TL wireless router boasts of 3 antennas - yes, I clearly overcompensated for my 1.5years of frustration, and the best part, it is half the cost of the Cisco.

Did my first conference call today in the study.  With the internet nice and consistent, in my new study chair.  It is all good.

No comments: