Monday, September 10, 2012

Not feeling so hot again

Ran the Army Half marathon yesterday and it was bad!  I was confident as I am pretty well conditioned (or so I thought!) and gunning for a sub-2 hour time.  But I just could not settle into the run and it got increasingly painful until I gave up the pacing - let coach run on, and that was perhaps at 4km mark.  Things got worse.  I couldn't hold any pace.  Walked and grew increasingly demoralized.  Walk/run until the pain levels eased and I managed to slow jog the remaining 10km or so.  So I finished way off my original target.  Sigh.

Right now I can hardly walk, my core muscles hurts when I sneeze and my shoulder blades are killing me. And I don't feel so good - think I am nursing a low grade fever.  It's funny that last Sunday I ran 25km of trail to Bukit Timah hill, ran up and down the hill and back and was non the worse for it on Monday.

Oh it hurts bad now.

No comments: