Saturday, September 01, 2012

And I think it's time to invite my mom over

I think it may be time to invite the empress dowager for a visit.  The longer I drag this out, the more she'll seethe about the non-invite.  Let's see perhaps tomorrow, now that things are getting more and more ready.

After 4 to 5 visits, many hours on their online store and 1 return later, I believe I have the perfect bedside reading lamp!  Yay!  It's not as if my conditions were that hard to please in the first place :  I wanted LED bulb, white lamp with light bright enough to read in bed and fits in the little space between my bed and the bay window ledge. Just in case, I am fickle (and I am), I will keep the packaging since Ikea has a fantastic returns policy.

Speaking of Ikea, I am now a changed person.  I started out resisting Ikea totally - didn't want anything from there.  Now I have a houseful of Ikea products.  Haha, the best part is the price and the finish is really very decent for that price!

The housewarming party is set for the 16 Aug - poolside BBQ.  Too few people to cater  - most caterers have a minimum no. of 20 persons.  Would have been nice to just relax and eat, but I definitely don't want my apartment full of people - so keeping it private to family and very close friends.  Most of this select group has already seen (and helped me in the apartment), so I guess the highlight of the party will not be the apartment but Matty!   He has 2 weeks to prepare his best acts!



No comments: