Monday, September 17, 2012

Life in the fast lane

Last week, I was in Hsinchu Taiwan Wed to Fri for a short business trip to our ODM.  Got home late Fri & slept at 3am - after clearing out my luggage.  Woke up early to pre-order BBQ food for the party on Sunday.  Jo bailed on the Sat climbing, just as well I am sleep-deprived from being unable to sleep on the plane (even though I was blessed to get empty seats beside me both ways).  I spent all Sat with Matty Cheng!  How to resist a grin like that?


Sunday morning, woke up early for Macritchie LSD then rushed to midday mass.  Vacuum home & tidied up the place.  I tried to grab a catnap but my phone kept beeping and waking me up.  4pm and my first guests - Peter/Jo/Eric came over.  A real godsent, they started the BBQ fire and kept it going all night for everyone.  Family came over soon after.  Had to order some pizza (I love Spizza) cos I was afraid there would not be enough food to feed us all.  Pizza guy came, he called to say, please open the door, everyone asked, where are you!  He had ninja training & was at my doorstep when we were all by the pool.

Eric (who's going to be a great dad) taught Matty how to kick and hang off the chin up bar.  Matty loves him and also the gentle giant Peter who carried him whereever Matty commands "Go there!".

By 8pm, we were full and the party's over.  Had to beg people to take the leftover food home.  Now if our elephant had stayed longer...  My fridge has half a pizza, half a cream cake, a box of mooncakes and some leftover drinks.  I didn't even clean up much, will do it Mon evening.  First I recover!

No comments: