Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

Possibly the best birthday I've had.  Yet so busy!.  The Year of Faith talk was Fri night & the workshop for the team on Sat afternoon.  My little video for Fri night ran very smoothly - thank God.  Did not boo-boo in front of our guests, the speaker nor his Grace the Archbishop.  By the time we stacked chairs and packed our stuff, I got home at 11pm.  Decided to skip Sat climb, relaxed a little and then went to the Sat afternoon workshop.

Ian/Michelle bought me a nice expensive yuppie dinner at MBS followed by VIP tickets to the Jersey Boys.  Oh the music's still ringing in my ear, O what a night!  We had seats right up front - the best of the best of the best, chimes Michelle.  I think she was quoting some movie line!

Sunday - the day I turn 42.  OMG, I am old! Another too early morning - thankfully Peter came to pick me up for Run for Hope - a 10km non competitive run for cancer research.  No timing bibs, we stood in the first row at the start line so we can get ahead of the walkers.  I ran a nice 5km split then got jammed behind the 3.5km walkers when the run routes merged.  Met MH at the 7km mark, yelled at her, she's still heading out, yeah, that means she's at the 3km mark!  Haha... The last 3km was a mess of kids and walkers, so it's a slow finish and I still managed 1:00.  Peter met Vivi along the route - and they slow jogged back. She controlled his pace back - Peter apparently ran very fast, then slow to a walk to hyperventilate in cycles for the whole run.  We both tsk tsk him for not controlling his pace.

I declined lunch cos I had to attend morning mass as we have dinner plans, this time with Matty. Vivien wanted laksa, so we ate across the road from my place.  After mass, I took a short nap & overslept!  Thankfully Ian called me at 5pm to wake me up.  Dinner was an expensive buffet - called Plates of Pleasures at the Pan Pacific.  I had 1 order of wagku beef & 1 of the lamp chops and it was fantastic.  Wished I could stuff more down.  The desserts were fantastic too, I had 1 crepe - shared a little of it with Matty.  He loves fruit like me.  Eating with Matty is a messy affair, and he can only sit for a while and then he says "up!" and want to leave to run around.  We rode the lift up, and down and ran around the hotel swimming pool in circles.  Then tag Matty off to Ian/Michelle while I stuffed my face with more food.  Messy.

Just thinking this morning that I am finally getting it right.  Placing family on a higher priority and expecting zero from friends, is indeed the right formula.

Oh I love Matty...


No comments: