Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mid week Run and Lizards

I asked HY and Peter to join me in this week's mid week run, figured can run from home to end of Fort Road ECP for about a 12km run.

Woke up at 6am to a spectacular lightning display.  On fears it might pour as it did yesterday, I text both HY & Peter and went back to lie down.  When Peter didn't reply, I thought I better call him just in case he's en-route.  Indeed he was.  Worse - he's already at Eunos.

*Deep sigh*  Got dressed and within 5mins the man arrived.  I regret asking Peter to come!  Then he called, I snapped into the phone : yeah yeah, coming down! And he said, no no, I need bathroom.

I had insecticide-sprayed a baby lizard I found in the other bathroom.  Peter nonchalantly used the bathroom, then picked up the not-quite-dead-but-wiggling-in-death-throes lizard and flushed it down.

Then we set off.  A very grumpy me and Peter.  The lightning went away, the expected downpour didn't happen, it was a very pleasant morning and a very enjoyable run.  I kinda felt ashamed of my snappiness and my so quick failure after Sunday's sermon on humility.  So we went for a quick breakfast.

Then Peter helped me remove yet another lizard carcass.  Trapped in the border of my dustbin chute.  Must have slammed the chute closed against the lizard last week.  I first discovered the carcass Saturday and was waiting for it to dry up into powder before I attempt to remove it - might be less gross that way.  Peter scrapped that body off for me.  How gentlemenly.

I have had no vermin and overnight, 2 lizard bodies.  Thankfully removed by Peter the exterminator.  He was really sweet.

Time to work.  And a reminder of humility, Fel, humility.

No comments: