Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Onsite Climbing Gym

It was yet another wet evening.  Jo and I decided to check out the new 15m lead climbing wall at Onsite Gym instead of being 2 slugs - even though she tempted me with dinner and peking duck instead of climbing!

I got there first and Ah Beng was behind the counter wearing a tshirt that reads Staff (gosh, I don't even know his real name anymore), he now works for the gym.  Oh!  I was busy trying to find Zi's rope to climb on.  Finally found it, all dusty and grimy.  Jo arrived.  We peered at the routes.  Looks do-able.  We warm up on a 5c - boring.  We progressed to a 6a - boring pumpy.  We stare at the lead climb routes and changed our minds!!!  Just don't like the feel of the routes there.  It's flat, boring and just pumpy - no features nor contours to add any real fun.  Yishun has contours, overhangs, underclings... Lots of torturous fun that is so lacking.

So we put the dusty rope back on the shelf unused and left for Geylang's 扳面.  Ah Beng was astounded - we only did 2 climbs and left!

I am thinking I need to check out Kinetics gym ahead of Jo getting pregnant.  As much as I prefer rockclimbing to bouldering, I am also anal about my belayer!  Hopefully I like Kinetics since I don't fancy the other alternatives to Yishun.

Kinetics will probably only be sussed out in January.  For now, everything is still focused around my marathon-ing.  There's Stanchart on Sunday and the MR25 ultramarathon Dec 30.  In between, there's the holidays and watching Matty celebrate his second Christmas.

No comments: