Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Phobia - "travel guide syndrome"


As I make my appointments for my upcoming Taiwan trip (including my standard reservation for mala hotpot), some residual bad feelings comes back.  Plus trying to book a whale watching trip.  I got a little upset when I couldn't get a yes/no response from my run buddies.  I am scarred from my earlier trip in Feb when my travel companions gave me grief when things go wrong.  I can't control weather, if it's too cloudy to get a clear view, I feel bad too you know! 


I calmed down after I texted Zi and she assured me she loves whales.  Decided to just book the whale watching tour while there, no pressures on me that way.  Realize that my 2 run buddies aren't "blamey" characters too, but was too blinded by my 'tour-guide' phobia.

Saw the uncomplicated message on FB and thought, well, if only things can be that simple.  Life is not black nor white, it's shades of grey.  You can be simple and direct - if unrelated to other people.  Hmm...

No comments: