Tuesday, June 19, 2012

When a baby's sick

Matty is sick.  All week.  Someone gave him a bug that is causing fever and a running nose.  The runny nose in turn causes phlegm buildup in the throat which causes coughing.  Not unlike what I struggled with earlier last month.  I suspect his mother is the cause of all our infections!

I was over last night for dinner.  Matty went to bed at 8:45pm as usual, and while Michy fed him his pre-bed time bottle, we sat down to watch some tv.  Then we heard her yell for us - she usually just presses the baby monitor to beep for us (to not wake the baby) : Matty had coughed so hard, he puked all over her.  She managed to clean him up while I held the naked boy.  Then I took him to his parents room, and we both sat on the bed to watch comforting Sesame Street youtube videos on the iPad while the maid cleaned his room.  Before I knew it, he puked everything else he had in him all over his parents' bed.  Opps.  My bad.  Maid comes over to strip the sheets while Matty goes back to the shower.

You hear about how parents moan about their kids being sick.  It's a first time for me.  While it's hard to see the little guy cough so hard to expel the sticky phlegm, it also causes total upheaval in the house!  Kids are a lot of work.  Indeed.

No comments: