Monday, May 02, 2011

General Elections 2011

It's a big eye opener to see fellow Singaporeans all uptight about the coming May 7 Polling Day.  In fact, it's great that most of my fellow countrymen aren't apathetic anymore.  I used to call it the Toa Payoh syndrome where you wouldn't care less unless it mattered directly.

Since I'm not entitled to vote, not sure if I would bring myself to vote the lousy bunch of independant candidates who couldn't even come early enough on nomination day.

My stance is still to vote based on performance of each and every MP.  I agree with George Yeo of Aljunied GRC.  Fundamentally, they are MPs and they serve a constituency, heck, they are paid $15000 per month to serve residents! 

Constituencies that have been neglected the past 5 years and look like crap now, please, do the right thing and send the right message.

I do wish the residents of Aljunied & all voters wisdom to vote for the betterment of Singapore.

No comments: