Saturday, May 28, 2011

Singapore is a well-oiled machine

Last Sunday I was crossing Holland Avenue when I heard a few loud sounds, then a taxi with a busted front tyre limps by me to turn into Holland Close.

Taxi driver understeered from Holland Drive onto Holland Avenue, hit the center road divider, tyre explodes, and he kept going into the smaller 2 lane Holland Close to get out of traffic's way.

It caused damage to the metal barriers along the road divider used to prevent jay-walkers from crossing the road.  These are like metal strips and they were strewn all over the road after the collision.

Within 2 days, the metal strips were cleared and the whole busted up barrier removed.

I am impressed.  Which government body is in charge?  How do they know?  Cos taxi has to lodge report?  Nontheless, 2 days turnaround? 

Singapore, I am proud to say, is a well-oiled machine.  We ought to be grateful to the government in power.

No comments: