Monday, May 16, 2011

Last LSD completed, whew!

Did the last LSD (long slow distance) run this Sun morning.  Thank goodness for Peter who asked to join me.  Cos I might otherwise have stayed in bed - as I did Sat morning, the day I intended to run.

Ran 3 laps of the 10km loop in Macritchie.  Didn't bring my iPhone cos my little pouch needed to carry too many things.  Based on my trusty Timex timing,
Lap 1 - 1:34 (walked half the time cos Peter's knees were hurting him).  Peter left after 1 lap. 
Lap 2 - 1:27 (a little slow cos I took a pee break)
Lap 3 - 1:22 (very close to my usual 1:20 speed, not too bad indeed, cos I expected myself to wither)

Long run indeed, it was 4:26 in total.

I am tired.  Recovery cycle took a lot out of me just to hold 30km/h.  Last few Sundays when I rode after a hard run, I could still stay with the group.  Thankfully for Fong who came back after nursing a broken hand - I rode with him at a slower pace of 27-29km/h.

This is it.  Next week's LSD is the Passion 25km run.  And then it is marathon day itself!  Woo hoo!

Next run after the marathon - Army half marathon aka the Sheares bridge run aka Safra Bay run.  I love that race, my favourite.  Especially now that the whole Marina bay area is so nicely done up, it will be a very scenic run indeed!

No comments: