Monday, May 16, 2011

New kid on the block (again)

After being in a company a long time (read 11 years HP), I hate the insecurity of a totally new environment.

The false start with Motorola does not help!

Nontheless, company S thus far feels nice. There's F (she's executive director! Clearly doing well!) and V who won the role I had earlier interviewed for & lost. He reports to her. And I hear ST formerly iPAQ team. Cool - a little ex-HP alumnus :)

Also I have a cubical with walls & an actual door. V says it's indicative of a company that values people. Perhaps. It's really not a big deal to me, a simple work station suffices, but certainly it is a first & I'm pleasantly surprised.

Still got no badge nor computer, but only cos K, my new boss wanted me in asap. I literally signed contract Friday evening & show up for work Monday morning!

Scooted off & managed to get to evening mass at Novena. I'm happy.

No comments: